Well, the best high quality sewing machines has a very big contribution in the cloth industry. Far from it, it can be used domestically by individuals in their homesteads. This means that they get to save money and make whatever designs they wish to. What they can do also is turning old clothes into newer and greater designs and allows for recycling of clothes. One can also use a sewing machine to repair torn or worn out clothes in their homes. For the worn out ones, one can choose to patch them up with utmost creativity and still seem to be fashionable.
Using a sewing machine, one can come up with unique designs and sew them and make an income out of them after they have been sold out. In other words, one can use a sewing machine for commercial purposes and that way help put food on the table for their families. In the process of implementing one’s creativity, they still get to gain an income from it.
Other than these uses, a sewing machine can be used in the following ways:
- Seam finishing: on woven fabrics, a sewing machine can neatly finish seam allowances using a 3-thread-overlock stitch.
- Seaming knits: 3-thred overlock can also naturally fit the knit fabrics as a result of their in-built elasticity.
- Gathering: you can easily and quickly add ruffles to garments like home décor items or pillow shams.
- Cover stitching: ready-to-wear garments are hemmed with a cover stitch machine. Some sewing machine have in-built cover stich and can therefore be used to stich the covers.
- Rolled hem: a sewing machine can be used for quick hems and especially children’s clothes and whipping up napkins.
- Chain stitch: one can in a decorative way stitch their clothes using a topstitch with a denim or topstitching thread